Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Review Featured on IGN: Mystic #1

Mystic #1

Lopez's artwork and Fairbairn's colors are comparable to great Disney cartoons such as Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella. It's easy to get lost in a sea of abs and capes in most comics, but Lopez gives each girl subtle and prominent features that look unique and authentic. Fairbairn's colors show off Genevieve's strawberry blond braids and freckled cheeks, which stand in contrast to Giselle's shorter black hair and pointed purple eyes. The girls laugh, cry, roll their eyes, and run away from magical machine dogs with such fluid detail and cinematic paneling that it made me feel like a spellbound child, the same way I did watching my first Disney princess dance across the screen while my father looked on disapprovingly. Check out the rest at IGN!

No comments:

Post a Comment