Friday, July 15, 2011

Reviews: X-Men: Schism #1, Hellboy: The Fury #2, Crawl To Me #1

X-Men: Schism #1

The teasers for Schism said that this event will split the X-Men, half siding with the ready-for-war Cyclops and the others joining the let's-solve-this-peacefully Wolverine. Wolverine adopting Professor X’s more passive point of view seemed strange, but after reading the first issue, it’s clear that Wolverine is not a bloodthirsty fanged cat; rather, he’s a mother wolf fiercely protecting her young. Keep reading at Broken Frontier!








Hellboy: The Fury #2

The main conflict features Hellboy beating the, well, hell out of the Dragon. Fegredo makes each punch with Hellboy’s oversized fist feel harder and more devastating than the last. Just looking at it will make your knuckles hurt. Finish reading at Broken Frontier!











Crawl To Me #1

When I sat down to read Crawl to Me, I had just taken a big bite out of a ham and turkey sandwich with white American, avocado spread, and a thick tomato slice – the perfect meal to satisfy me after a long day where I had to skip lunch. The story was so gripping that I hadn’t even taken a second bite out of my sandwich by the time I was done. But when I looked at it afterward, the meat on the sandwich covered in the gooey red insides from the tomato vividly reminded me of countless dead bodies littered across a pedophile’s lawn. Let’s just say that I didn’t finish the sandwich.  Read the rest at Broken Frontier!

No comments:

Post a Comment