Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Truly Touching Response to Oracle Getting Her Legs Back

Jill Pantozzi has written a truly heartfelt article about her response to Oracle getting out of her wheelchair to become Batgirl once more.

While her reaction is genuine and I would encourage everyone to read the article for the arguments it brings up, I want to point out that no details have been released about whether Barbara Gordon will still be in a wheelchair or not once the DC September Re-Launch hits. There's a possibility she could still be disabled and find an advanced Batgirl suit that puts her on her feet much like the new revamped Venom series by Rick Remender. Or Jill's fears could be realized and they completely erase her history back to where she never got shot by the Joker. Only time will tell, but this is still worth a read:

Oracle IS Stronger Than Batgirl Will Ever Be

Who’s your symbol for strength in the DC universe? I’m sure a lot of you are thinking Superman or Batman right now. They’ve certainly got the physical strength and fortitude to make them the perfect candidates. While Batman is my all-time favorite character in comics, he’s not the first person I look to when I need to be reminded to keep fighting in this world. For that I look to Oracle. Read the rest at Newsarama.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment